There’s a Lot More to Trucking Than Trucks
Ontario's trucking industry offers flexibility for people with a variety of education, experience and backgrounds. Keeping the industry's thousands of vehicles on the road, meeting the demanding needs of customers, and ensuring profitability requires the versatile skills of a wide range of individuals.
Careers in the trucking industry are exciting, challenging, interesting and safe. From the skilled people who drive the vehicles, to those who work behind the scenes to keep the province's goods moving, the trucking industry offers something for everyone.
To Prepare You for the MTO Practical “A” and “Z” tests.
By the end of the program you will be a well-trained, safe, and highly skilled Professional Truck Driver.
200 hours of Classroom and Practical Training will cover:
- Vehicle Inspections and Systems
- Basic Control Systems
- One on One In-Truck Training
- Shifting Techniques
- Professional Driving Habits
- Documents, Paperwork and Regulatory Requirements
- Backing and Docking / Coupling and Uncoupling
- Speed Management / Space Management
- Accident Procedures
- Hours of Service Compliance and Log Books
- Trip Planning/Map Reading
- Cargo and Load Securement
- Federal “Smart Driver” Program
- Air Brakes
- Resume Writing/ Employment Preparation
- Computer Based Training
- Weight Distribution
- Carrier Contacts
We also provide training for “DZ” licensing and we offer a Complete Weekend “Z” Endorsement Course approx. every 6 weeks.